There are often times where I think I know something… until reality hits me and I realize I was very wrong. This happened to me all the time as a teacher and teacher specialist. It continues to happen to me as an educational consultant. Sometimes I narrowly avoid a disaster and sometimes I have to learn the hard way.
I was reflecting on some of the most important lessons I’ve learned and I wanted to share five of them with you.
The four things are:
The Four Things
- I didn’t know that my contract left me vulnerable to realistic scenarios.
- I didn’t know I had to make a change to my car insurance to cover me.
- I didn’t know what content to share freely and what to save for paid work.
- I didn’t know how to get on podcasts.
If any of these are things you don’t know either, I’d be happy to share what I’ve learned with you. I’ve written up everything I wish I had known into a PDF that you can download by using the button below.
If you’re a current or aspiring educational consultant and want to continue the learning, there are three more options to consider:
Continue the Learning
- Another blog post called Nine Tips All Educational Consultants Need To Know
- Our Facebook group for educational consultants with 700+ members
- My Ed Consultants Lab online workshop for educational consultants